Disabling and removing the Google Chrome playlist
Do you know how to disable and remove playlist from Google Chrome? Google Chrome lets you save articles and web pages for later with the Reading List feature. This is a convenient way for all Chrome users to read articles and pages later. But most users don’t care about or appreciate this feature. If you are one of them, the constant button in the bookmarks bar can be annoying. This article tells you how to remove it.
Read: How do I change the start page in Google Chrome for Mac or PC?
What is a playlist?
Google Chrome has a reading list, which allows you to save articles and pages to read later. It’s a similar concept to Pocket, but integrated directly into the Chrome web browser. On iOS (iPhone and iPad), the playlist is easy to avoid or ignore when you’re not using it, but on the desktop it takes up space in the bookmarks bar tabs. There is currently no way to remove the Playlist option. Let me use the Chrome flag to turn it off. It’s not perfect, but it works, and it’s very easy to do.
Warning: The features on the back of the chrome flags are present and intentional. They can be unstable and affect the performance of the web browser, or disappear without warning. If you wish to raise flags, you do so at your own risk and responsibility.
Read: Setting the dark mode for a website in Google Chrome
To disable and delete the Google Chrome playlist on the web or in the application.
Disable and delete the Google Chrome playlist in your desktop browser and in the smartphone app (Android or iPhone). You want to re-enable the previously disabled and deleted Playlist button in the browser and Chrome app. Below is a full tutorial on how to disable, remove and re-enable the Playlist button in Google Chrome.
Read: The 25 best extensions for Chrome everyone should install now
Disabling and removing the Google Chrome playlist
If you are also one of them and want to disable and remove the Google Chrome playlist. The following steps must be followed:
- Click on the Google Chrome browser on your Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
- Then type chrome://flags into your browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Now click in the search box, enter a playlist. You will see a flag called Playlist.
- Click on the corresponding flag drop-down menu and select the Off option.
- Chrome will ask you to restart the web browser to apply the changes. Then click the Restart button at the bottom of the screen.
- Your browser will restart and after reopening, the Reading List option will no longer be available in the bookmarks.
Open Chrome and go to Flags.
Search in the playlist and select the option which is turned off
Select a reminder key
Read: To view your saved password in Google Chrome for desktop and mobile devices
To enable the playlist in Chrome browser
If you’ve changed your mind and want the playlist button back in your Google Chrome browser. To change or activate it, proceed as follows:
- Switching to Google Chrome
- Type chrome:flags into your browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- At the top of the page you will see a Playlist option.
- Click on the appropriate flag in the drop-down menu and select Default or Enable.
- Google Chrome will ask you to restart the browser to apply the changes. Then click the Restart button at the bottom.
- After closing and reopening in your playlist, the Play option will appear in your bookmarks.
- But in the meantime, or whenever that happens, Taxi has applied this method for you to disable or re-enable the playlist indicator in your Google Chrome web browser.
Select Standard or Enabled from the menu.
Press the reminder key once.
Read: To save a web page in PDF format in the Chrome browser
Disabling and removing the playlist in the Chrome mobile application
You can disable and remove Chrome’s Reading List from your Android or iPhone app. It’s very simple, and you can do it in a few steps. Here’s how:
- First, tap the Google Chrome Mobile application to open it.
- Then type chrome://flags into the address bar and click to navigate.
- Now enter the playlist in the search field.
- When the playlist opens, click the Default button.
- Select the Disable single pop-up option to
- Then click the Restart button at the bottom of the application.
- The Chrome application will close and reopen, and the playlist will be disabled for you.
Go to Chrome Flags, find the playlist and press the drop-down menu.
Select Off and relaunch the Chrome application.
Read: To create a QR code URL in Google Chrome on Android
Chrome playlist button in the mobile application
You can also re-enable or set the default reading option for Chrome in the mobile app. To do this, follow these steps.
- Open the Google Chrome mobile application
- Tap the drop-down menu under the Playlist option.
- Select Default or Enable from the pop-up menu.
- Then click on the Restart option at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you reopen the Chrome application, the playlist will be reactivated or set as the default.
Select the drop-down list, default or activated playlist and restart the application
frequently asked questions
How do I delete my Chrome playlist?
how to disconnect and…
How can I disable the playlist?
2021/04/15 A look at disability…
How do I disable the Google Toolbar?
Support for kbdoc as described in…
google chrome reading list removedisable chrome reading listremove chrome reading listgoogle chrome reading list disabledelete reading list chromeremove reading list icon chrome,People also search for,Feedback,google chrome reading list remove,disable chrome reading list,remove chrome reading list,google chrome reading list disable,delete reading list chrome,how to remove reading list from chrome bookmarks bar,remove reading list icon chrome,how to delete google reading list