While browsing various forums and community sites, I noticed that many Samsung users have encountered the problem of the Samsung Galaxy not receiving text messages. I want to know why I can’t receive text messages on my Samsung phone and how to solve this problem.
This is a common question, but you need not worry. In this article, I will provide a complete guide on how to solve the problem of not receiving text messages from Samsung S21. So if you have the same problem with your Samsung phone, read this article till the end.
Use Android repair tool to fix all errors on Android/Samsung in one click.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
Symptoms Samsung Galaxy is not receiving text messages
If you are experiencing the following symptoms, it could easily be that your Samsung messaging app is not working:
- You cannot receive or send any text messages.
- Suddenly, you don’t receive SMS anymore.
- When you try to send someone a text message, you may receive a notification that the text message was sent unsuccessfully.
(Causes) Why can’t I receive text messages on my Samsung phone?
Before we go to the solutions, let’s look at the main factors that cause the Samsung Galaxy to not receive text messages:
- Insufficient network coverage.
- Insufficient network signal.
- Wrong setting in the mobile phone settings.
- Problem with the integrated messaging application.
- Software conflict
- Output to the forwarding agent during network registration.
Here are the most common reasons why the Samsung S21 is not receiving text messages.
Here are some possible solutions to this problem.
How to troubleshoot Samsung Galaxy without receiving text messages
Method 1: Network Reset
In most cases, restarting the device can easily fix various errors and problems. To solve the above problem, the first thing you can try is to restart your Samsung smartphone.
- First, press and hold the power button until the menu is displayed.
- Select Disable from the menu.
- Then click on OK. Now your Samsung phone will switch off.
- After a few seconds, press the power button again until the Samsung device turns on.
If this basic method does not solve the problem of not receiving text messages from the Samsung S21, try the following.
Method 2: Removing and reinserting the SIM card
Sometimes you may have problems receiving text messages if the SIM card is not correctly inserted. To solve this problem, remove and reinsert the SIM card. Once the SIM card is inserted correctly, you will immediately receive all incoming SMS messages.
Method 3: Network connection check
In general, poor network connection is one of the most common problems that prevents you from receiving text messages on your Samsung phone. To solve the problem of Samsung Galaxy not receiving text messages, you can try another simple method: check your network connection.
Method 4: Disabling the messaging application
Since this problem occurs in your email program, there is a good chance that your email program is the cause. Therefore, to solve this problem, you need to disable the email application. In this way, you essentially reload the application itself.
Find out how to easily disable the application here:
- Open the Settings >> Press Applications application.
- Find the Messages app and tap it.
- Press the DISABLE button.
- Then click the Allow button to confirm the option.
After completing these steps, some applications may display the message Replace this application with the factory version? All data will be deleted. Just click on the OK option.
After disabling the application, restart your Samsung phone and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 5: Cleaning up and caching data
Caching of files and data is another common cause of not receiving text messages. In most cases, clearing the cache will fix some unexpected errors and problems. In this case, you can also try clearing the cache of the built-in email application.
Follow the simple instructions to delete data from your email program:
- You must first go to Settings >> Applications.
- Make sure the All apps filter is selected.
- Scroll down and find the built-in messaging application >> tap it.
- Click on Save and wait for everything to be calculated.
- Then press the Delete data option.
- Click on Clear Cache.
- Restart your Samsung phone and see if the problem is resolved.
Method 6: Restart Samsung device in safe mode
In most cases, some third-party applications may not work properly. So to see if you have such an application now, restart the Samsung S21 in safe mode. If you get notifications in safe mode, it will tell you that you have installed a faulty application.
Here are some simple steps to restart the device in safe mode:
- Turn off the Samsung device.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Once SAMSUNG appears on the screen, simply release the power button.
- Then, after releasing the power button, press and hold the volume down button.
- Continue to press and hold the volume down key until the phone reboots.
- Safe mode is now displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Release the volume down key when you enter safe mode.
Method 7: Replacing the SIM card in your Samsung phone
Finally, if none of the above methods helped you resolve the inability to receive text messages on your Samsung phone, you can try replacing the SIM card.
The process is complete…
Time of judgement
As we all know, encountering this kind of problem is really frustrating, so I have compiled the 7 best tips to fix Samsung Galaxy without having a texting problem. Try these methods one by one to solve this problem.
I hope one of the above solutions will definitely help you solve this problem.
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
Why is my Samsung not receiving any SMS?
If your Samsung can send text messages but Android isn’t receiving them, the first thing you need to do is clear the cache and data in the Messages app. Configure > Applications > Messaging > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, go back to the settings menu and choose Clear Data this time. Then restart the device.
How can I remedy the situation where my phone is not receiving messages?
How do you do that?
Why can’t I receive SMS on my Android?
Troubleshooting sending or receiving messages Make sure you have the latest version of Messages. … Make sure the Messages application is set as the default text messaging application. Find out how to change your default text application. Make sure your network operator supports SMS, MMS or RCS messaging.
Feedback,samsung s21 not receiving text messages,samsung a51 not receiving text messages,why can t i receive text messages on my samsung phone,samsung galaxy s10 not receiving text messages,samsung galaxy s20 not receiving text messages,why is my samsung not receiving texts from iphones,Privacy settings,How Search works,samsung not receiving texts from one person,samsung galaxy note 10 text messaging problems