FaceTime is the proprietary video calling product of Apple Inc. With FaceTime, you can make video and audio calls to your friends and family, whether they’re using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Use FaceTime Live Photo to capture special moments. But many iPhone users can’t enjoy these moments. Some users cannot connect with their friends and family through the FaceTime application because it does not work on their iPhone. If you are also one of the users whose FaceTime is not working on iPhone, read this comprehensive article to get some of the basic troubleshooting solutions you can try.
This solution provides a great solution that makes FaceTime work again on your iPhone.
What is FaceTime?
FaceTime is a proprietary video calling product or software developed by Apple Inc. Briefly, FaceTime is Apple’s application for video calls or video chats. FaceTime is available on supported iOS mobile devices, i.e., iPhones running iOS 12 or later. FaceTime supports any iOS device with a front-facing camera and any Mac computer with a FaceTime camera.
Use FaceTime to?
FaceTime is Apple’s video and audio chat software that lets iPhone users talk to each other using standard FaceTime video or FaceTime audio protocol.
Message: FaceTime does not work on android.
FaceTime is not working on iPhone
Some of the reliable solutions you can try for FaceTime not working on iPhone.
Before proceeding, check with Apple Support to make sure your device is compatible with these instructions. If your device meets the compatibility requirements, try the following workaround to solve the problem without connecting FaceTime!
Restarting an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
One of the best troubleshooting tips for any application is to restart the device. All you need to do is to restart the device, as restarting the device can help in fixing some errors and will definitely help you solve this problem. A normal reboot is fine, requiring you to turn off the device and reboot, but here we suggest you do a hard reboot, as it is more efficient!
For the iPhone home button or the iPhone with Touch ID,
- Press and hold the side key or the standby/sleep button on top of the phone (depending on the model).
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will reboot itself.
For iPhones without home button or Touch ID
- Press and hold the two side buttons and the two volume buttons until a scroll bar appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider.
- And your iPhone will reboot itself.
Checking internet connection
Because FaceTime video and audio calls require an active Internet connection, and many features such as live photography, etc., you can only access all the features if you are connected to an active Internet source or connection. This seems obvious, but you need to check if you are connected to the right internet connection or not. So all you have to do is fix your iPhone’s connection problems.
For cellular data,
- Open your Control Center
- When your mobile data is activated, the device turns off, waits for ten seconds, and then turns on again.
Do the same for connecting to the Wi-Fi network (if you are using Wi-Fi as the Internet for your FaceTime application).
Escape mode on/off
To solve the iPhone’s internet connectivity problems, this is also a fundamental step. When you enter Airplane mode, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned off and you cannot connect to mobile networks. So when you turn on and off airplane mode on your smartphone, you can simultaneously restart functions like cellular and Wi-Fi connection. It also helps you find a solution if FaceTime is not working on your iPhone.
Here’s how you can do it,
- Open the unit’s control center or simply drag the unit up or down.
- You will see a plane icon, turn it on, wait 10 seconds and turn it off.
alt=Flight mode android width=827 height=617 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/5-solutions-to-fix-FaceTime-Not-Working-On-iPhone-Updated.jpg />
Reconnecting the FaceTime application
Apparently, you can’t make or receive FaceTime calls if you don’t enable FaceTime on your iPhone. So make sure you activate and turn on the FaceTime application. If you have enabled FaceTime but are still having trouble, follow these steps to turn the FaceTime application back on,
- Open your settings application
- Go to the Settings menu and tap the FaceTime application.
- Make sure FaceTime is turned on.
- If it’s on, turn it off and on again.
Verify Apple ID
Like other Apple apps, FaceTime doesn’t work if you sign out of your Apple ID or have problems with your Apple account. So make sure everything is correct with your Apple ID and that you are logged in. Here’s how,
- Open the settings
- Select FaceTime or click
- Tap Apple ID E-mail and select Exit.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and then reconnect between your Apple ID and FaceTime. To do this, click Use Apple ID for FaceTime.
- Select Sign in if you want to use the existing Apple ID on your iPhone for FaceTime. Or you can use a different Apple ID (to sign in with a new account).
Change FaceTime location
If you assign the wrong location to your FaceTime application, it will not work properly. Especially in countries where FaceTime is blocked/restricted (Oman, UAE, Qatar, etc). Make sure you specify the correct location for your FaceTime software. Here’s how,
- Open the Settings application and select FaceTime.
- Then tap the Apple ID address and tap Change Location.
- Select a country from the list and click Save.
If FaceTime is not working properly due to location issues, FaceTime will work again on your iPhone.
Check date and time
It may sound crazy, but if the time and/or date are wrong, it can cause problems not only with the FaceTime app, but also with other apps like Whatsapp, the App Store, and so on. So you need to make sure the date and time of your iPhone are correct. Here’s how,
- Open parameters
- Press the common key
- Click Date and Time and make sure the Set automatically box is checked.
Upgrade to the latest version of iOS
Having modern equipment is one of the basic requirements of any iPhone. Updating your iPhone’s iOS software is the main solution to all the minor and major bugs you encounter. Since the update contains many bug fixes. If you have disabled the automatic system software update on your iPhone, you can download it manually (if an update is available). It would be great to upgrade your iOS iPhone to the latest iOS 14 or any other available update version. And it will definitely help you in solving any FaceTime problem you encounter.
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Click on general settings
- Then click on Software Update
- When a list of updates appears, click Download and Install to apply them.
For some iPhone users, resetting the network settings solved the problem of FaceTime not working on the iPhone.
Try resetting the network settings: Go to Settings > General menu > find the Reset option and click Reset Network Menu. Now restart your iOS device and connect to the network, then FaceTime.
alt=Reset Network Settings on Apple iPhone width=986 height=615 data-ez=data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/1618985682_917_5-solutions-to-fix-FaceTime-Not-Working-On-iPhone-Updated.jpg />
Restore device in recovery mode
If the FaceTime problem persists, you should turn to advanced troubleshooting solutions, which means restoring your iOS device to recovery mode! It is often said that this is the last resort. Recovery mode helps in fixing minor and major issues, so that iPhones that do not ring on incoming calls can be handled easily.
- First, download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer (PC).
- Then launch iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- When the pop-up window says to restore or update your iPhone, follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
(You can also force a reboot to put the device in recovery mode, after which a pop-up window will appear).
- Once connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake up button and the Home button to force a restart. Press and hold until you see the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Do not release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. It will probably take about 10 seconds before the iPhone recovery mode screen appears.
- An option to restore or update is displayed. Select Update. iTunes will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
- If your iPhone lingers in recovery mode for more than 15 minutes and then exits iPhone recovery mode, there may be a problem. Start the process again, but this time choose Restore. You will then be in iPhone recovery mode.
- Restart the device. If you had a backup in iTunes or iCloud, you can restore the old data from the backup.
After recovery, the iPhone will start up automatically and independently.
To the Apple Store
If all of these solutions have not worked for you, you will need to visit an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. They have specially trained professionals to deal with such serious software problems. There may be a problem with your iPhone that prevents you from using the FaceTime for iPhone application. This will definitely help you if FaceTime is still not working on your iPhone.
Also read :
frequently asked questions
Why does FaceTime stop working after iOS 13 update?
Why won’t FaceTime work after iOS 14 update?
‘ 2020/09/26 ‘ Troubleshooting – 1…
How do I fix the FaceTime problem in iOS 14?
Feedback,facetime not working after update ios 14how to fix ios 14 facetime glitchfacetime poor connection ios 14facetime not working 2021ios 14.4 facetime not workingfacetime not working on iphone 11,People also search for,facetime not working after update ios 14,how to fix ios 14 facetime glitch,facetime poor connection ios 14,facetime not working 2021,ios 14.4 facetime not working,facetime not working on iphone 11,facetime not working ios 14,facetime not working for certain contacts